3/07/2017

Why Lush Ocean Salt exfoliator should be a cult product




I think we all know about lush at this point, especially if you're into the beauty environment. Usually people mentions their bath bombs, but today I want to focus on their skincare. Lush ocean salt exfoliator isn't an unknown product within the Lush costumer range, but it's a product I never really hear much about.


The reason I got this back in April last year, was that I was working on a set in an old factory and the toxins ruined my skin. I started flaking in my forehead for weeks and had to throw out all contaminated brushes and makeup. After trying this twice a week in a month with the same thick moisturizer I used before my skin cleared up completely. After that I went on to using it once a week. 

On my dry to combination skin it minimizes redness of zits, keeps the skin soft and feeling hydrated. 

The plus side of lush as a brand is of course that they're cruelty free and that they use natural ingredients. The price range is medium, not reasonable, but not to steep either. As for the individual product, Ocean Salt contain a number of good oils, ranging from avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil, both cleansing and hydrating, to ocean salt and vodka extracted lime oil which exfoliates. Best applied once your skin is already wet, I prefer to use it in the shower. The salt combined with the extracting oils will be very harsh on dry skin. Use your fingers to scoop out small amounts at the time and apply evenly, massage this carefully into your face and let it sit for a couple of minutes, to let the oils to their magic. Carefully let water rinse of your face. Don't use a towel that can soak up the oils, and finish the process by applying a toner with your fingertips. 

I've used this for about a year. As a student I can't afford lots of skincare products, but I combine it with a thick moisturizer and it seems to keep my skin in tact. I use it regularly once or twice a week, sometimes less and sometimes more, depending on how much body paint I use. 




2 comments:

  1. Those like to crafting. This blog bring the good news for them. They can do a crafting with the sea stones. Furniture Moving Services in Stamford CT giving you reliable and guaranteed service. We reached your luggage safe and sound on your desire destination.

    ReplyDelete