12/26/2014

My painting for grandma and grandpa this christmas

As I've talked about, I was very busy in the days before 24th (We celebrate 24th night, not 25th morning in Norway) of December.
For her birthday, my grandma wanted something home-made and I had two ideas, and I was determined to finish both. The first was a fun episode with me and my grandma, which was appropriate for her birthday and this painting more of a a gift to them both.
But I also wanted to paint them something, the other one suited promarkers best. I am slightly better at painting then I am on drawing, so it seemed the most appropriate to give more time into this.
This is the finished result after several weeks and I have finally a painting to show in my "art" folder.

I am aware I'm not the best painter in the world, but I still think it was good enough to gift my grandparents and I am proud since this is the first full canvas painting I've done. Before I've painted bits and pieces on paper sheets.


If you're curios about the materials:


Paints:
Blue, green, black and white acrylic paint for almost everything. Exlutions, yellow and red for the inside of the eye and yellow mixed with white for teeth and claws.

Brushes:
1. and 3. (If I remember right) brush. Basically, small detail brush, smaller then a lip brush and a medium sized (About the size of a concealer brush or a finger tip)

No comments:

Post a Comment