9/08/2014

Halloween 2014: Ben nye blod effects gel review

I can't believe it's September already! Halloween is getting closer and I am already starting with my related posts.
Now I thought I'd review something basic everybody can and often will use for most Halloween looks. Fake blood.

I bought my blood effects gel at Visage earlier this year.


Consistency/formula

Obviously it's in a gel consistency. When you heat it up it does turn into a liquid and cools down into a gel. I am not a very big fan of the product appliance and formula. It's not terrible, just hard to work with.  Personally, I think I should have bought a blood gel or paste that not needs to heat up. It would have been easier to apply, safer and given a more realistic result with deeper cuts. 
And the formula, it dries quite sticky. So it's a little bit hard to get off and having sticky fingers all night can be quite annoying. 

Colour

The colour is quite light and transparent, meaning it works best for surface cuts. And it also looks good with fresh cuts, as long as it's not too deep. 


As you can see, this would have been a little bit more realistic with darker blood.

Pricing and online stores

If you live in Norway you can either buy it directly in Visage or call them and have them ship the item for you. 
If you want to buy it online: they sell it for 11 dollars at stagemakeuponline.com 

1 comment:

  1. Hei! Ville bare gi beskjed om at jeg nå har kåret vinneren av ukens blogg på bloggen min. Hvis du ikke vant denne gangen, kan du gjerne melde meg på igjen :)

    ReplyDelete